Action Points are the key elements to the added decision support in the HURRTRAK system. Action points are "points" in time that relate to key decisions for a particular location. Examples of decisions include the start of storm phases like:
- Storm Event
- Stand Down
These action points are "triggered" by the arrival of either 34, 50 or 64 knot winds and have lead times that may vary by category of storm. For example, for Escambia County, the Evacuation action may be triggered 24 hours prior to projected arrival of 34 knots winds for a category 3-5 hurricane and 16 hours prior to projected arrival of 34 knot winds for a category 1 or 2 storm.
Multiple action points can be setup for any set of locations or counties. In order to establish action Point(s) for a location, follow these steps:
1. Go to System Setup and select location or county maintenance.
2. Type in all or part of the location/county name until it shows up in the list
3. With that location highlighted, select define action points.
4. Select Add Action point and fill in the action point name and description
5. Fill in the rest of the information on this action point in the table
6. Add another action point, if desired